Berkshire Theatre Group strives to make all programs, performances, and facilities accessible and inclusive to ensure that all of our patrons have an enjoyable and meaningful visit.
The current services and items we offer to assist while attending a performance are detailed below. For further information, or if you have any questions, or require additional assistance or accommodation, please contact the Ticket Office at (413) 997-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at Berkshire Theatre Group are committed to keeping audiences, artists, volunteers and employees safe. To that end, we are updating COVID-19 mandates as necessary. These mandates will be in place until further notice. For more information on our Covid-19 safety protocols, please click here.
Accessibility at the Theatres:
- Accessible entrances, parking, and seating is available in all locations.
- Assisted Listening Devices (ALDs) are located at each theatre. Please note that our assisted listening devices are meant to be used on their own and other personal devices can interfere with how they work.
- BTG’s annual program book is available digitally on Berkshire Theatre Group’s website.
Click to view this years program book
- Accessible restrooms are available at all theatres. Patrons, staff, volunteers and visitors should feel free to use the restroom facilities that correspond to their gender identity.
- BTG is a member of the Card to Culture Program. Families can receive discounted tickets with their EBT Card, WIC Card, or ConnectorCare Card. Please inquire at the Ticket Office for more information.
Each of BTG’s unique stages offer Accessible Seating for every performance. Additionally, each theatre offers benches in the lobby and outdoors for patrons. Please contact the Ticket Office at (413) 997-4444 or email@example.com for more information and to help select the best seats for your needs.
The Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield:
The Colonial Theatre offers Accessible Seating on all levels: Orchestra (first level), Balcony (second level), and Gallery (third level). Each floor is also equipped with an Accessible restroom. The second and third levels can be accessed by stairs or elevator. The Garage, located in the lobby of The Colonial Theatre, also offers Accessible Seating at all performances. All patron entrances to The Colonial Theatre are Accessible.
The Unicorn Theatre in Stockbridge:
There is only one level to The Unicorn Theatre, and most seats are Accessible only by stairs. There is a row of seating that is Accessible without stairs. The Unicorn Theatre’s main entrance is Accessible.
A “sensory-friendly” performance is a production that is slightly modified to accommodate individuals with sensory-input disorders, such as people on the autism spectrum. At this performance, you will notice relaxed “house rules;” people may need to get up, move around, and leave the theatre during the performance. There is no expectation that the audience will be completely quiet during the performance. Our goal is to create an environment where people with autism or sensory needs, along with their families, can enjoy coming to the theatre together and will feel comfortable, supported and free to be themselves.
Available Sensory-Friendly Performances
Edward Albee’s Seascape: Thursday, October 13 at 7pm
Patrons should call the box office at (413) 997-4444 to book tickets to Sensory-Friendly Dates.