Berkshire Theatre Group strives to make all programs, performances, and facilities accessible and inclusive to ensure that all of our patrons have an enjoyable and meaningful visit.
The current services and items we offer to assist while attending a performance are detailed below. For further information, or if you have any questions, or require additional assistance or accommodation, please contact the Ticket Office at (413) 997-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility at the Theatres:
Accessible entrances, parking, and seating is available in all locations.
Assisted listening devices are available at The Unicorn Theatre. Please note that our assisted listening devices are meant to be used on their own, and other personal devices can interfere with how they work.
BTG’s annual program book and individual program inserts are available digitally on Berkshire Theatre Group’s website.
or go to https://adobe.ly/3e5Mjtg
Accessible restrooms are available at all theatres. Patrons, staff, volunteers and visitors should feel free to use the restroom facilities that correspond to their gender identity.
BTG is a member of the Card to Culture Program. Families can receive discounted tickets with their EBT Card, WIC Card, or ConnectorCare Card. Please inquire at the Box Office for more information.
The Unicorn Theatre in Stockbridge:
BTG Unicorn Theatre Policies and Procedures:
Safety Standards Objective:
BTG is following the mandates of the State of Massachusetts Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces that were released as a part of the Baker-Polito administration’s plan for reopening. These safety protocols include guidelines for social distancing, hygiene protocols, staffing and operation protocols, and guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting.
- No-contact scanning stations for tickets will be placed at point of entry.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations throughout the space.
- Patrons will be required to wear masks.
- One-way traffic patterns will be enforced with arrows and 6 foot markers on the floor.
- Every other stall, urinal and sink will be marked not usable.
- Hot beverages will be available for purchase, but must be consumed outdoors.
- A doctor/nurse will be on duty for all performances.
What to Expect When You Arrive:
Follow along with our staff members as they walk through the new space and learn what to expect when you arrive at The Unicorn Theatre in our welcome video: