Ticket Office Associate
|Pittsfield, MA / Stockbridge, MA
|$17/hour, approximately 15-30 hours per week
|Year Round OR Seasonal opportunities available;
Hourly; start date effective immediately
|Tuesday through Sunday; 11:45am – 8:00pm, based on schedule; most shifts are (5) hours in length and some nights & weekends are required
Berkshire Theatre Group (BTG) is seeking a Ticket Office Associate to join our team and work closely with our Ticketing Manager & Patron Services team. This position is responsible for providing customer service to patrons both in-person and over the phone and will be scheduled at one of our two locations (Pittsfield, MA or Stockbridge, MA). Ideal candidates will have at least one year of relevant customer service and payment processing experience.
- Complete training for Spektrix ticketing system
- Stay up-to-date with new resources from Spektrix, event pricing information, promotional codes and special offerings from BTG.
- Provide excellent customer service while answering phones, processing ticket sales using Spektrix, and interacting with patrons both in-person and over the phone
- Assist patrons with seat selection, performance selection and recommendations on future attendance
- Provide patrons with knowledge of Berkshire Theatre Group
- Update patron information in ticketing system
- Reconcile sales (and other forms of income) consisting of cash, credit cards and checks at close of business day
- Attend rehearsal run-throughs of upcoming performances as available
- Coordinate third-party ticket sales (e.g. Half-Tix Program, Ticket Exchange Program)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience with payment processing (cash and credit card transactions)
- Attention to detail
- Comfort with MAC or PC computers
- Comfort with Google Suite (GMail, Calendar, Google Drive)
- Reliable transportation
- One year of prior experience in a customer service related field
Please send cover letter and resume to:
About Berkshire Theatre Group
The Colonial Theatre, founded in 1903, and Berkshire Theatre Festival, founded in 1928, are two of the oldest cultural organizations in the Berkshires. In 2010, under the leadership of Artistic Director and CEO Kate Maguire, the two organizations merged to form Berkshire Theatre Group (BTG). Berkshire Theatre Group’s mission is to support wide ranging artistic exploration and acclaimed performances in theatre, dance, music and entertainment. Every year, BTG produces and presents performances to over 68,000 attendees and, through our Educational Program, serves over 11,000 Berkshire County school children annually. In July 2020, Berkshire Theatre was the first company in the United States to earn approval from Actors’ Equity Association to produce a musical (Godspell) in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic. In 2028, Berkshire Theatre Festival will celebrate 100 years of making theatre.
Berkshire Theatre Group is committed to Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Access and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BTG welcomes and encourages people from all backgrounds to participate in every facet of our organization as having a multitude of diverse voices expands and enhances the work we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. BTG is a registered 501(c)(3) not for profit organization.
Berkshire Theatre Group, will celebrate its 96th year as a professional theatre in Western MA in 2024 and is accepting resumes for our administrative & production teams for our 2024 season. Summer season runs from mid May until late August. Employment dates range from mid-May through early-September, and weekly salary varies based on position. Salary and housing included for all positions. Berkshire Theatre Group is a fully vaccinated company.
Assistant Audio & Projections Supervisor
Audio & Projections Engineer
Cutter / Draper
General Production Swing
Production Management Associate / Production Assistant
To apply for a position on our production team, send a cover letter and resume to:Berkshire Theatre Group, Peter Durgin, Director of Productions at email@example.com.
Assistant Company Manager
Company Management Associate
Audience Services Associate
To apply for a position on our administrative team, send a cover letter and resume to: Berkshire Theatre Group, Corey Cavenaugh, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berkshire Theatre Group has numerous volunteering opportunities that can fit your schedule and lifestyle. In addition to working as an usher at one of our events, we are constantly looking for support on everything from mailings to gardening across our campus. No matter what your skills or interests, we can use your support.
Some of our volunteering opportunities include:
- Ushering at shows and events
- Database management
- Gardening and landscaping
- Assistance with mailings
- Building improvements
In exchange for your assistance, we provide complimentary access to BTG productions when available along with an exclusive invitation to a Volunteer Appreciation Event at the end of the summer.