BTG’s extensive education program is now serving 11,000 school children and this year our well-loved community production is back! Relive the classic tale of four unlikely friends on the adventure of a lifetime. Join America’s original heroine Dorothy as she leads her friends the Cowardly Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow on a journey down the yellow brick road to the magical Emerald City. Set in Kansas during the 20th century, this brand new, reimagined musical adventure is full of world travelers, festive carnival’s and spectacular sideshows for families outside under the Big Tent on the grounds of Berkshire Theatre’s Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield. Featuring the classic songs, “Follow the Yellow Brick Road,” “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead,” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”
by Frank L. Baum
with music and lyrics of the
MGM motion picture score by Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg
background music by Herbert Stothart
book adaptation by John Kane from the motion picture screenplay
directed by E. Gray Simons III
music direction by Jacob Kerzner
choreography by Isadora Wolfe
Previews: Friday, July 23 at 7pm
Opening Night: Saturday, July 24 at 7pm
Closing: Sunday, August 15 at 2pm
Tickets: Adult: $50, Child (16 and Under): $25
Run time: 2-hours including one 15-minute intermission.
We at Berkshire Theatre Group are committed to keeping audiences, artists, volunteers and employees safe. To that end, we are updating COVID-19 mandates as necessary. These mandates will be in place until further notice.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for outdoor performances at this time.
- Masks are strongly recommended for all patrons.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- A doctor/nurse is on duty for all performances.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
Thank you for your patience and kindness as we navigate these unprecedented times. We look forward to seeing you at our theatres.