Bobbie’s Summer Series
Susan Werner has been dubbed by NPR as “The Empress of the Unexpected” and has written and recorded twelve albums that cover the genres of folk, rock, Tin Pan Alley, gospel, country and chamber music. Her songs have been recorded by many including Tom Jones, Michael Feinstein, Betty Buckley and Christine Ebersole. She is known for her charismatic and energetic live shows and delivering her songs with sassy wit and charm. Since making her major-label debut in 1995 with the folk/rock gem Last of the Good Straight Girls, Werner has produced a number of “concept albums” ranging from Tin Pan Alley styled originals to “agnostic gospel” hymnals to a Cuban flavored collection. Her creative restlessness is her defining characteristic.
Werner has toured nationally with artists, such as Joan Armatrading and Richard Thompson. She was featured as part of the “next generation” in Peter Paul and Mary’s PBS special LifeLines. She has performed on NPR’s World Café and Mountain Stage.
As audiences will testify, Werner’s been knocking it out of the park—or concert hall—all around the U.S. for 20 years. Renowned as a charismatic performer, she’s known above all for challenging herself to conquer new styles every few years.
There will be a 25% discount on tickets for healthcare workers. Please call the box office for more information or to purchase.
Berkshire Theatre Group will continue to update procedures and protocols to reflect current state and local mandated health and safety guidelines.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- Vaccinated patrons are encouraged to wear masks, but they will no longer be required.
- Non-vaccinated patrons are advised to continue to wear face masks and to continue distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Patrons will be seated according to party size, distanced.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
Thank you for your patience and kindness as we navigate this reopening. It has been a rough year, but we are headed in the right direction. We are looking forward to heading there together.