Susan Werner has been dubbed by NPR as “The Empress of the Unexpected” and has written and recorded twelve albums that cover the genres of folk, rock, Tin Pan Alley, gospel, country and chamber music. Her songs have been recorded by many including Tom Jones, Michael Feinstein, Betty Buckley and Christine Ebersole. She is known for her charismatic and energetic live shows and delivering her songs with sassy wit and charm. Since making her major-label debut in 1995 with the folk/rock gem Last of the Good Straight Girls, Werner has produced a number of “concept albums” ranging from Tin Pan Alley styled originals to “agnostic gospel” hymnals to a Cuban flavored collection. Her creative restlessness is her defining characteristic.
Werner has toured nationally with artists, such as Joan Armatrading and Richard Thompson. She was featured as part of the “next generation” in Peter Paul and Mary’s PBS special LifeLines. She has performed on NPR’s World Café and Mountain Stage.
As audiences will testify, Werner’s been knocking it out of the park—or concert hall—all around the U.S. for 20 years. Renowned as a charismatic performer, she’s known above all for challenging herself to conquer new styles every few years.
Safety ProtocolsAt Berkshire Theatre Group, we are committed to keeping audiences, artists, volunteers and employees safe. To that end, we are updating COVID-19 safety protocols as necessary. Thank you for your compliance and we look forward to seeing you at our theatres.
For All Performances:
- Masks are recommended but are no longer mandatory at our 122 seat Unicorn Theatre, except for Saturday matinee performances of Edward Albee’s Seascape
- Masks are recommended but are no longer mandatory at our 780 seat Colonial Theatre.
- All seats are eligible for sale.
- There will be no distancing between parties.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Seating and surface areas are sanitized frequently using an electrostatic sprayer.
- Our theatres have upgraded HVAC filters, added ozone-free NPB ionization and otherwise complies with all local and state safety requirements.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- A doctor/nurse is on duty for all performances.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
- We are reviewing our safety protocols regularly in accordance with local and national data and guidance. If policies change, patrons will be notified.