Proof of COVID-19 vaccination with ID is required for this performance.
Masks are mandatory at The Unicorn Theatre.
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, Seascape brings true eloquence to its compelling yet subtle examination of the very meaning and significance of life itself. Told with Edward Albee’s signature ironic wit and razor sharp perception, Seascape finds Nancy and Charlie, a middle-aged couple, on a deserted stretch of beach, relaxing after a picnic lunch, talking idly about home, family and their life together. She sketches, he naps, and then, suddenly, they are joined by two lizards who have decided to leave the ocean depths and come ashore.
Initial fear, and then suspicion of each other, are soon replaced by curiosity and, before long, the humans and the lizards are engaged in a fascinating dialogue. The lizards are contemplating the terrifying, yet exciting, possibility of embarking on life out of the water; and the couple, for whom existence has grown flat and routine, holds the answers to their most urgent questions. These answers are given with warmth, humor and poetic eloquence. The emotional and intellectual reverberations will linger in the heart and mind long after the play has ended.
“Of all Mr. Albee’s plays, Seascape is the most exquisitely written.” —The New Yorker.
written by Edward Albee
directed by Eric Hill
movement direction by Isadora Wolfe
Previews: Thursday, September 29 at 7pm and Friday, September 30 at 7pm
Opening/Press Night: Saturday, October 1 at 7pm
Talk Back: Thursday, October 6 at 7pm
Sensory Friendly: Thursday, October 13 at 7pm
Closing: Sunday, October 23 at 2pm
Tickets: Preview: $45
Tickets: Sensory Friendly: $15
Run time: TBA
At Berkshire Theatre Group, we are committed to keeping audiences, artists, volunteers and employees safe. To that end, we are updating COVID-19 safety protocols as necessary. Thank you for your compliance and we look forward to seeing you at our theatres.
For All Performances:
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated.*
Proof of vaccination and ID is required for all events. Patrons may present a digital or physical vaccination card upon arrival to the theatre.
*Fully vaccinated means the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- Individuals who need accommodations due to a medical condition that prevents vaccination or sincerely held religious beliefs may also provide a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 12 hours or PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time. Printed test results or email of test results from a third party testing site or a time-stamped photo of at-home test results are accepted.
- Masks are mandatory at our 122 seat Unicorn Theatre.
- Masks are mandatory at our 780 seat Colonial Theatre.
- All seats are eligible for sale.
- There will be no distancing between parties.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Seating and surface areas are sanitized frequently using an electrostatic sprayer.
- Our theatres have upgraded HVAC filters, added ozone-free NPB ionization and otherwise complies with all local and state safety requirements.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- A doctor/nurse is on duty for all performances.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
- We are reviewing our safety protocols regularly in accordance with local and national data and guidance. If policies change, patrons will be notified.
Please make sure every patron in your party is aware of these safety measures.