Bobbie’s Summer Series
Jay and Molly are musicians of enormous talent who draw their repertoire and inspiration from a wide range of American musical styles—19th-century classics, lively Appalachian, Cajun and Celtic fiddle tunes and favorites from the golden age of country and swing—along with their own songs, fiddle tunes and orchestral compositions.
In recent years, Jay and Molly have reached an ever-widening audience through their appearances on PBS’ Great Performances, their own public radio specials and through their work on film soundtracks such as Brother’s Keeper and Legends of the Fall.
They achieved international acclaim when their performance of Jay’s composition, “Ashokan Farewell,” became the musical hallmark of Ken Burns’ The Civil War on PBS. The soundtrack won a Grammy and “Ashokan Farewell” was nominated for an Emmy. The piece was originally inspired by Jay & Molly’s Ashokan Fiddle & Dance Camps in New York’s Catskill Mountains, which are still going strong today.
“Jay Ungar and Molly Mason play music from the heart which reminds us of the best in all of us.”
There will be a 25% discount on tickets for healthcare workers. Please call the box office for more information or to purchase.
Berkshire Theatre Group will continue to update procedures and protocols to reflect current state and local mandated health and safety guidelines.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- Vaccinated patrons are encouraged to wear masks, but they will no longer be required.
- Non-vaccinated patrons are advised to continue to wear face masks and to continue distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Patrons will be seated according to party size, distanced.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
Thank you for your patience and kindness as we navigate this reopening. It has been a rough year, but we are headed in the right direction. We are looking forward to heading there together.