Proof of COVID-19 vaccination with ID is required for this performance.
Masks are mandatory at The Unicorn Theatre.
After unbearable loss, a grieving attorney takes a pro bono case representing a black teenager accused of murder. When an alluring stranger steps in to help, she is left questioning who she is and what she wants. While fighting for the young man’s innocence, she is forced to confront the devastating truth about marriage, race and the woman she has chosen to be.
B.R.O.K.E.N code B.I.R.D switching is a play about the choices we make and the unspoken lies we tell ourselves to make peace with those choices.
“I believe in the power of words. I believe they are the greatest strength this world has… I feel very fortunate that I could use my words to craft this story. It is a story of race and identity, of promise and purpose… but perhaps more importantly, it is the story of the potency of being seen. The universal need to be seen for who we are. When we truly see each other, we can begin an honest dialogue… I hope this play can succeed in beginning that conversation.” ~ Tara L. Wilson, Playwright
by Tara L. Wilson Noth
directed by Kimille Howard
Previews: Thursday, June 23 at 7pm and Friday, June 24 at 7pm
Opening/Press Night: Saturday, June 25 at 7pm
Talk Back: Thursday, June 30 at 7pm
Sensory Friendly: Tuesday, July 5 at 7pm
Closing: Saturday, July 9 at 7pm
Tickets: Preview: $45
Tickets: Sensory Friendly: $15
Run time: TBA
At Berkshire Theatre Group, we are committed to keeping audiences, artists, volunteers and employees safe. To that end, we are updating COVID-19 safety protocols as necessary. Thank you for your compliance and we look forward to seeing you at our theatres.
For All Performances:
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated.*
Proof of vaccination and ID is required for all events. Patrons may present a digital or physical vaccination card upon arrival to the theatre.
*Fully vaccinated means the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- Individuals who need accommodations due to a medical condition that prevents vaccination or sincerely held religious beliefs may also provide a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 12 hours or PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time. Printed test results or email of test results from a third party testing site or a time-stamped photo of at-home test results are accepted.
- Masks are mandatory at our 122 seat Unicorn Theatre.
- Masks are mandatory at our 780 seat Colonial Theatre.
- All seats are eligible for sale.
- There will be no distancing between parties.
- Contactless ticket scanning will be done for patrons at their point of entry.
- Seating and surface areas are sanitized frequently using an electrostatic sprayer.
- Our theatres have upgraded HVAC filters, added ozone-free NPB ionization and otherwise complies with all local and state safety requirements.
- Free-standing hand sanitizer stations will be placed at various locations.
- A doctor/nurse is on duty for all performances.
- Patrons who are not feeling well should contact BTG’s box office to discuss rescheduling options.
- We are reviewing our safety protocols regularly in accordance with local and national data and guidance. If policies change, patrons will be notified.
Please make sure every patron in your party is aware of these safety measures.