Title of the position
Berkshire Theatre Group Assistant House Manager
House Manager, General Manager, collaborates with senior staff
Providing a safe and positive experience for all patrons, including volunteers, who participate and attend BTG events.
Key areas of responsibility
Assist the House Manager with the following:
- Helping manage the front-of house services for BTG events, including, but not limited to: rentals, theatrical productions, readings, meetings, and discussions, from two hours prior to event through the closing of the building
- Helping the House Manager coordinate and act as a BTG liaison for pre- and post-show receptions
- Coordinate with Ticket Office Manager and Staff in serving BTG patrons
- Maintain and continue to seek improvements to increase accessibility for all patrons
- In conjunction with the General Manager, respond to customer feedback to improve the theatre’s relationship with patrons
- Respond to the needs and agenda of the Development Department and Artistic Director concerning any and all hospitality events taking place at BTG
- Coordinate information for audience members (signs, programs, and all related materials)
- Handle emergency or time sensitive situations that may arise in a timely and accurate fashion also reporting all emergencies to Artistic Director, General Manager, Director of Productions and Facilities, Development Department and Marketing/PR Director as soon as possible.
- Coordinate the implementation of Emergency Plans for patrons with staff members
- Train, schedule, and supervise part time House Management staff and all assistants assigned to
- Maintain lobby area (bathrooms, ticket office, theatre auditorium) to be presentable and functioning. Contact appropriate staff member if problems in this area need to be addressed
- Memorize and present curtain speeches as necessary
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to make sure all necessary staff shifts are covered for each event
- Train and supervise volunteers on customer service; set-up, sale, and break-down of concessions and merchandise; car parking; cash reconciling, , emergency procedures, etc.
- Operate ticketing system to be able to sell a ticket, pass, exchange, reconcile end-of-day sales, create Ticket Office Reports, etc.
- Maintain and order concession and merchandise inventory and account for and deposit concession and merchandise receipts
- Complete and distribute concession reports and house management reports after each show
- Report purchasing and sales of concessions to Finance Manager and Marketing/PR Director and respond to their needs and agenda related to sales and hospitality
- Maintain petty cash for daily concession needs
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Ability to maintain calm and organize individuals in cases of an emergency situation
- First Aid/CPR Certification a plus
Berkshire Theatre Group is looking for a hard-working and personable individual to work part time to maintain the security and safety of all patrons, volunteers, and staff as Assistant House Manager at The Colonial Theatre. Job responsibilities include: managing front-of-house services for events including training and working with volunteers, ordering and selling concessions and merchandise, maintaining a presentable and functioning front-of-house area, ensuring prompt curtain time. Experience working in high pressure situations a plus. First Aid/CPR certified a plus.