The Colonial Theatre, founded in 1903, and Berkshire Theatre Festival, founded in 1928, are two of the oldest cultural organizations in the Berkshires. In 2010, under the leadership of Artistic Director and CEO Kate Maguire, the two organizations merged to form Berkshire Theatre Group (BTG). Berkshire Theatre Group’s mission is to support wide ranging artistic exploration and acclaimed performances in theatre, dance, music and entertainment. Every year, BTG produces and presents performances to over 68,000 attendees and, through our Educational Program, serves over 11,000 Berkshire County school children annually. In July 2020, Berkshire Theatre was the first company in the United States to earn approval from Actors’ Equity Association to produce a musical (Godspell) in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Berkshire Theatre Group is committed to Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Access and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. BTG welcomes and encourages people from all backgrounds to participate in every facet of our organization as having a multitude of diverse voices expands and enhances the work we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Assistant Ticketing Manager
The Assistant Ticketing Manager is a year-round, full-time position responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of Berkshire Theatre Group’s (BTG) Ticket Office alongside the Ticketing Manager. Salary begins at thirty-eight thousand dollars ($38,000) and is commensurate with experience. This individual should provide excellent customer service and maintain a composed personal presentation while interacting with patrons. This individual should be comfortable working in a communal office environment and interacting with a wide variety of people. Must be comfortable handling money in both physical and virtual transactions. Ideal candidates will be efficient in working with technology and using the phone, have strong problem solving skills, able to maintain a sense of calm in a fast-past environment, and have experience working in a ticket office/customer service. Berkshire Theatre Group uses Spektrix as the provider for our ticketing system. Reports directly to the Ticketing Manager.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ticketing & Annual Appeals Manager
The Lighting Supervisor is a year-round, full time position responsible for supervising and executing all electrical needs for all produced shows, presented/special events, and rentals at Berkshire Theatre Group.
Reporting to the Director of Productions, the Lighting Supervisor will assist the Production Coordinator run and maintain the Colonial Theatre, the Unicorn Theatre, and the Fitzpatrick Main Stage.
Starting salary is $42,000 – $45,000 annually, plus benefits, commensurate on experience.
Position is scheduled to begin early 2023, negotiable based on availability. Berkshire Theatre Group is a fully-vaccinated company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a member of house technical staff during produced shows, presented/special events, and rentals.
- Running the lighting console for live events & concerts.
- Supervising the installation, maintenance, and operation of repertory plots for BTG venues.
- Managing BTG Lighting Department inventory.
- Maintaining the electrics department budget.
- Purchasing relevant equipment for electrics department upkeep.
- Curating and securing bids on rental packages throughout the season, while maintaining accurate inventory of rental equipment.
- Managing/supervising load in and strike of lighting components of shows, including arranging accurate rental returns.
- Attending production/staff meetings and technical rehearsals as assigned.
- Working collaboratively with Directors, Designers, and other department heads.
- Direct supervision of the electrics team, during various times of the year.
- Ability to create a mindful schedule for the electricians, while maintaining consistent dissemination of information to all staff members.
- Ability to successfully schedule, plan, and prioritize multiple projects at the same time, often on a tight schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reading and understanding light plots.
- Understanding Lightwright software.
- Proficient light board programming with ETC Eos consoles.
- Ability to understand scale and read construction plans.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Team player that can maintain composure while making thoughtful decisions, sometimes under pressure.
- Good organizational skills and sense of professionalism.
- Must be able to move and transport items and materials weighing 50+ pounds
- Must be comfortable working with heights.
- Able to ascend/descend ladders
- A valid driver’s license
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Productions
Berkshire Theatre Group, will celebrate its 95th year as a professional theatre in Western MA in 2023 and is accepting resumes for our administrative & production teams for our 2023 season. Summer season runs from mid May until late August. Employment dates and weekly salary vary based on position. Salary and housing included for all positions. Berkshire Theatre Group is a fully vaccinated company.
To apply for a position on our production team, send a cover letter and resume to:
Berkshire Theatre Group, Peter Durgin, Director of Productions at email@example.com.
Assistant Company Manager
Ticket Office Associate
To apply for a position on our administrative team, send a cover letter and resume to: Berkshire Theatre Group, Corey Cavenaugh, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berkshire Theatre Group has numerous volunteering opportunities that can fit your schedule and lifestyle. In addition to working as an usher at one of our events, we are constantly looking for support on everything from mailings to gardening across our campus. No matter what your skills or interests, we can use your support.
Some of our volunteering opportunities include:
- Ushering at shows and events
- Database management
- Gardening and landscaping
- Assistance with mailings
- Building improvements
In exchange for your assistance, we provide complimentary access to BTG productions when available along with an exclusive invitation to a Volunteer Appreciation Event at the end of the summer.