Berkshire Theatre Group was created in 2010 by the merger of two of Berkshire County's oldest cultural organizations, Berkshire Theatre Festival founded in 1928 in Stockbridge and The Colonial Theatre built in 1903 in Pittsfield. One of the largest and most exciting arts organizations in the area, BTG oversees the development, production and presentation of theatre, music and the performing arts on 5 stages.
Our campus in Stockbridge, which is home to Berkshire Theatre Festival, presents work at three venues: The Fitzpatrick Main Stage, The Unicorn Theatre and The Neil Ellenoff Stage.
THE FITZPATRICK MAIN STAGE (408 seats), founded in 1928, is the ultimate "summer theatre." This iconic building, designed by Stanford White, helped establish the Berkshires as a cultural destination. Each summer, the finest in classical theatre and world premieres are produced on our historic stage.
THE UNICORN THEATRE (122 seats), a theatrical jewel, is the home for new and emerging artists, and challenging and thoughtful work.
In 2011, Berkshire Theatre Group built THE NEIL ELLENOFF STAGE. This glorious outdoor stage provides the perfect back drop for family entertainment.
Berkshire Theatre Festival Campus
6 East Street
Stockbridge, MA 01262
Administrative Phone: (413) 298-5536
Ticket Office: (413) 298-5576
Our Pittsfield location is home to our oldest and newest stages: The Colonial Theatre and The Garage.
THE COLONIAL THEATRE in Pittsfield (780 seats) was built in 1903 and re-opened in 2006, following a $21 million restoration. This stage boasts pristine acoustics, classic gilded age architecture and state of the art technical systems and hosts family entertainment, comedy, live music and more year round.
Located in the lobby of the Colonial is THE GARAGE. Its name pays homage to its former owner, Berkshire Auto Co. This newly developed venue, complete with stage, lights and sound system, is our dedicated space for local and regional music performers.
The Colonial Theatre/The Garage
111 South Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Administrative Phone: (413) 448-8084
Ticket Office: (413) 997-4444
Come be a part of the excitement on five stages!
- Concessions are available in the lobbies of all of our theatres.
- Lost and found articles should be turned in to an usher or House Manager.
- Inquiries regarding lost articles may be directed to the Ticket Office.
- Complimentary coatrooms are available to theatre patrons at the Colonial.
- Berkshire Theatre Group management is not responsible for personal property left at the theatre.
- Designated handicapped parking is available at all of our theatres.
- Public entrances and exits are all handicap accessible.
- Handicapped seating and infrared assisted listening systems are available on all levels and in every price range. Please advise the ticket office staff of any special needs at the time of ticket purchase.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in any of our theatres.
- The photographing or sound recording of any performance or the possession of any photographic or recording device inside our venues without the written permission of the theatre management is prohibited by law.